Bradley seems to have gone one step further to give a really competitive product with their electric smoker that controls everything. Does it achieve it or does it all go up in smoke?
The Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker is a powder epoxy steel on the outside of the cabinet and polished stainless steel on the inside. The briquettes are fed in by an automatic feed system by the smoke generator attached to the side of the cabinet.
Imagine having an electric smoker that allows you to program everything, giving you complete control over the smoking cooking process. By setting the controls you get at the end delightful food smoked to perfection.
We take a look at this Bradley smoker and cover the points that made it a finalist in our research for the perfect electric smoker.
Complete control over the cooking process
The first feature that really stands out on the Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker is the control it gives you over the whole smoking process. It is usual for regular electric smokers to allow you to program the amount of time to cook and the temperature but this smoker goes one step further. The Bradley digital smoker is the one smoker out of the best of them that will even control the length of the smoking time. You decide how long you want the smoking to take place and set it up right at the start. This means you can allow for a certain amount of time just for cooking and another for how long you want the smoking to occur.
Powerful highest temperature heating
The second notable thing about this electric smoker is that it has the highest temperature of the best we researched. This Bradley electric smoker reaches 320°F, which is 160°C, this means that it will do a lot of ordinary cooking, not just the slow and low cooking that is usually done for smoking food.
Now to be fair, smoking food is not all about temperature, you do not need very high temperatures to create delicious smoked dishes. In fact quite a lot of poultry that usually gets cooked at higher temperatures is just cooked longer in a smoker.
However, the higher temperature does mean that a larger range of cooking can be achieved in this smoker. If you combine this with the control you have over how long you want the smoking to be done then you are given a lot of flexibility in the cooking cycle.
Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker Features and Specifications
- Smoker manufactured by Bradley a well-known brand
- Bradley gives this smoker a full 12 month warranty for a whole year’s peace of mind
- Electric smoker where fuelling means just plugging it in
- Constructed solidly with full insulation with the inside made from polished stainless steel and outside by a robust powder epoxy steel
- Temperature range up to a high 320°F
- Ability to do low temperature cold smoking with this smoker
- Digital controller giving you full control over the timing, temperature and smoke
- Programmable up to 8 hours of cooking
- Four cooking racks giving loads of space for cooking your food, each one giving 11 inches by 13 inches each, full rack area available is 520 square inches
- Adjustable cooking racks for those odd sizes
- Full inside measurement of 25.5 inches height, 15 inches width and 11.5 inches depth giving a massive 2298 cubic inches of cooking space
- Full smoking area is 19 inches above the drip tray
- Smoker uses the automatic Bradley Bisquette feed system
- Requires 5.5 Amps, 120V and is safely ETL and CE listed
- Draws 500W for the cooking element and 125W for the smoking element
- Weight of the smoker is 42 pounds
- The Bradley electric smoker is 31 inches high, 14 inches deep and width is 17 inches without the generator on the side and 24 inches wide when it is attached
Customer Reviews Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker Review
Looking at the Bradley digital smoker reviews posted online, we learned there were quite a few complaints about the product.Most negative reviews we found were about the heating element and the six rack version of this product. You will also often find in reviews the inconsistency of opinions about the product. Apparently the same heating element is used in the six rack version as in the four rack version and it is considered to be underpowered. The version we have selected here is the four rack Bradley electric smoker which has plenty of power to heat to reach a decently high 320°F.
Also what you find in reviews on popular products is that there are some who really test everything about the product in precise detail, leaving nothing out. You will find on reading through the reviews plenty of details about how the Bradley smoker excels in every way.
Pros and Cons Of The Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker Review
The definite positive features are the high temperature and smoke control this electric smoker gives you, the cooking space and the ability to do things like cold smoking.One negative feature is the limit of 8 hours of programmable time for the cooking. Other electric smokers do give you longer. Many people are perfectly comfortable with this limit however and it matches their lifestyle perfectly.
The Bradley Digital 4-Rack Smoker will fulfill your desires to control everything, certainly over the smoking process anyway, plus it gives you such a lot of flexibility in your cooking. This would definitely appeal to an experienced ‘gourmet’ smoker who wants to experiment more or cook with consistency.