Set it and forget it! Is this the key phrase for this Masterbuilt electric smoker? Or is it just economical to buy and run? Is it easy to use? How will this smoker do once we clear the air and look inside?
This Masterbuilt 20070910 30-Inch Electric Smoker might be the perfect one for setting up a range of tasty food at the beginning of the day, setting it up, going to work, coming back and it is done ready and waiting for you when you get back hungry. Maybe you get confident with this kind of cooking and organize a get together straight after work, knowing that your delicious snacks will become the talk of the company.
We look deeper into the Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Smoker to see if it earns its place in our electric smoker reviews.
Easy to Use and Maintain
The main feature of the Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Smoker is how simple it is to use. This means it has to be easy to set up and also to maintain. Masterbuilt has tried to make sure everything is automatic which makes it suitable not only for the experience smoker gourmet but to the enthusiastic beginner too.
The large cabinet design of this electric smoker means that you have plenty of room to spread out your food and set up enough for a large party. To help you along with using the smoker you will find that it is easy to clean up after, with just a quick clean up afterwards. To capture the grease left over there is a removable drip pan and rear-mounted grease pan.
With the low maintenance we also have the facilities for setting up your food for cooking. The temperature and the timing are programmable with a thermostat control that ensures everything is fully automated. The wood chips for the flavor can be placed in the side tray ready for when it reaches the right temperature. This means you can quickly become quite an expert with the right recipe. This unit does deserve to be associated to the ‘set it and forget it’ phrase.
Energy Efficient Cooking
The second feature of this unit that stands out is economy. It is not only surprisingly one of the cheaper electric smokers but quite an energy-efficient one. It is completely insulated around the cabinet, trapping the heat inside and requiring less power to keep it going. This is really important when the exterior temperature plummets, you will find this smoker less affected by low temperatures than most. When it has such a large capacity, it is the tallest of our carefully selected smokers; you will find the economy can be increased many times by using it to capacity. This is fantastic news for budgeting.
Masterbuilt 30-inch Electric Smoker Features and Specifications
- Smoker manufactured by Masterbuilt a well-known brand known for quality and innovative products
- Electric smoker much easier to fuel than gas or propane
- Temperature range from 100°F to 275°F
- Spacious 2.5 cubic feet capacity, plenty of room for feeding a party, that’s over 4300 cubic inches
- Powder-coated steel exterior, not only pleasing to look at but helps also with insulation
- Four good sized smoking racks to spread the food over
- Digital control panel with push button controls for complete control
- Timer can be set up to 24 hours, so set it and go about your daily chores
- Auto shut-off can be programmed, ready for when you get back home
- Programmable temperature settings for ideal heating of food
- Thermostat-controlled electric temperature for the perfect precise temperature every time
- Good insulation that makes for energy-efficient cooking
- Air damper for controlling the amount of smoke or humidity
- Side-loading wood tray for inserting the desired wood chips for taste
- Easy cleaning and maintenance with a removable drip pan and rear-mounted grease pan
- Weight of the smoker: 72 pounds
- Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is approximately 33.9 inches high, 18.3 inches wide and 19.5 inches deep
Customer Reviews and Ratings
At the time of research looking at Amazon reviews for the Masterbuilt 20070910 Electric Smoker we see it has scored 3.8 out of 5 stars with 192 customer reviews being made on it.
It appears that Masterbuilt has had a run of bad customer service reports in 2009 which really brought the ratings down and the original version had a problem when the heating element ever stopped working, it couldn’t be changed. Masterbuilt have long since updated that model now though and if it happens again it is simply the case of opening an access panel at the back and replacing any faulty or worn heating element. It is good to see Masterbuilt service is now getting very good remarks from the owners.
Good reviews are easily found as the highest numbers of owners give it 5 stars out of 5. It is highly regarded, as one reviewer put it, “The Masterbuilt smoker is a wonderful product for the price”. The interesting point here is that it isn’t just for the experienced gourmet; another reviewer’s experience was “I’ve never smoked before but everything that I’ve smoked turned out absolutely delicious”. So it is perfect for the beginner.
Pros and Cons of the product
The sad history of Masterbuilt customer service in the past and the problem with the early models does go against it. They appear to have learned the lessons now and this new model allows replacement of needed parts if ever they are required. This electric smoker though has all the space and control that you need for automated smoking. Other features like the ease of cleaning are a big bonus if you are a regular user. One feature that often gets forgotten is the air damper, with careful control of this you can lock in the humidity during the cooking process as well as the smoking level.
The Masterbuilt Electric Smoker is well-known and well-established. It has a large following as it has been sold by Masterbuilt for a number of years. If you need the capacity to smoke a large amount of food it certainly has the capacity, it is one of the tallest, giving you space to cook for a large party.